The Global Health Care Leaders Program (GHLP) is a multi-modular global program that aims to bring together the most important topics defining the future of health care industry for the leaders who will lead the charge. Faculty from Harvard Medical School, as well as other leading industry experts, will provide insights to enable participants to craft ambitious solutions and shape health care globally.
The health care industry is dynamic and complex. It is experiencing rapid change due to emerging technologies. Established and emerging business leaders and their organizations are recognizing that success in this rapidly evolving industry now requires a fundamental understanding of current medical practices across the world, the changing economic and regulatory landscape of health care and cost vs return on innovation, the latest advances in science and medicine, as well as the threats of evolving pandemics and the prospects of evolving digital technologies and their applications within health care.
GHLP will deliver hands on experiences with best practices, strategic frameworks and insights to help global health care leaders to unlock opportunities and drive growth and innovation in health care.
During the GHLP, you will gain experiential insights into cutting-edge global health care innovation and build a powerful network of Harvard Medical School experts and peer leaders across global health care. Learning objectives include:
- Apply new insights and program learnings to day-to-day work, as well as long-term strategic priorities, to accelerate innovations that benefit patients and physicians
- Understand how digital health, AI, emerging technologies, reimbursement changes and other converging forces are shaping the current and future health care ecosystems, and the business models and opportunities that will emerge
- Strengthen your ability to lead effective change management and drive successful transformation processes within your organization and the health care industry
Curriculum & Program Structure
GHLP will incorporate interactive, case-based classroom sessions, immersive exercises that illuminate the challenges of health care, and visits to research labs, innovative companies and other key components of the innovation ecosystem in Boston. These in-person experiences will be supplemented by live virtual sessions and other curated resources at the beginning of the program and between in-person sessions.
Additionally, each participant will identify and work on a project which documents an innovation or process improvement that they will work to implement upon their return to their home countries and home institutions.
The program will focus on following key themes:
- Driving Health Care Strategy
- Managing Biomedical Innovation
- Digital Transformation in Health Care
- Global Perspectives on Policy, Regulation and Reimbursement
- Leading in Global Health Care Organizations
Who is Right for this Program?
This program is designed for global health care change-makers, business and science leaders, as well as leaders who are transitioning into the health care field. The program is appropriate for professionals who seek the latest insights into this dynamic and complex industry, in order to become better leaders and innovators in their organization.
Professionals from the following industry segments will benefit from this program:
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Health IT and digital health
- Health systems
- Health insurance and payers
- Policy and regulatory aspects
- Professional service firms whose work impacts health care including investing, legal and consulting
The program is suitable for participants with the following qualifications:
- Significant responsibilities and a demonstrated career progression in a corporate or entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects, products, or people preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Harvard Medical School Executive Education is working with Northwest Education to offer this unique learning experience to global health care leaders. To learn more about the program, contact a Program Contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: (415) 429-8828
For more information about the program and to apply, visit the program page here.