Inside the Health Care Ecosystem: Strategic Insights for Business Leaders
Core Program: May 21 – 24, 2019
Program Fee: $8,900
Core Program with Clinical Immersion:* May 20 – 24, 2019
Program Fee with Clinical Immersion: $12,900
*The “Clinical Immersion” component of the program will take place on May 20. It will feature a clinical immersion at a world-leading Harvard teaching hospital. Due to the lead time necessary to process clearances, the deadline to apply for the immersion is February 15.
Location: Harvard Medical School, Boston MA
Business and science leaders operate at a complex intersection of forces that are shaping the current and future landscape of health care.
“Inside the Health Care Ecosystem: Strategic Insights for Business Leaders” is a new program that provides business and science leaders with insights into the science and practice of medicine. Through it, participants will be exposed to real-world workflows and health care delivery in action, as well as the firsthand perspectives of patients and providers.
Led by Harvard Medical School faculty who are leaders and innovators in their field, the program will delve deeply into the current and future health care ecosystem, in the context of the business of health care. Participants will complete the program prepared to bring new insights to their day-to-day work and longer-term strategic priorities. Ultimately, the program will help you achieve broader adoption for the products and services your organization creates.
This unique learning experience offers participants access to the front-lines of medicine. A clinical immersion experience offers the opportunity to experience health care delivery in action.
Inside the Health Care Ecosystem is an intensive, experiential and interactive week-long learning experience. Participants learn from leading HMS faculty experts while they interact and network with a cohort of professional peers. Classroom sessions are augmented by pre-work and group discussions. The optional clinical immersion offers an exclusive opportunity to experience health care in action.
Sample subject areas include:
- Experiences of patients and caregivers
- How patient experiences reveal unmet clinical needs and inspire avenues for research discovery
- How patients decide where to seek care
- The culture of medicine and the patient-doctor interaction
- How doctors think
- Real-world workflows and time pressures
- Unmet clinical needs
- Changing makeup of care teams and care coordination
Digital Health and Analytics:
- New applications of non-traditional data for real-world evidence
- Digital health tools for collection of patient-reported outcomes and patient-generated data
- Applications of machine learning in health care
- Increasing access and sharing of health care data via FHIR standards, APIs and apps
Health Care Economics:
- Drivers of health care spending increases
- Emerging paradigms in benefit re-design
- Consumer engagement and transparency
- New approaches to drug pricing
New Trends in Care Delivery:
- Rethinking where brick and mortar care occurs
- Telemedicine approaches that shift care in time and place
- Perspectives from health care in different contexts, from academic medical centers, to community, to underserved populations
- Genetics and precision medicine in clinical practice
Hospital Management: Business of Care:
- The business and strategy of health care: perspectives from the front lines of leadership
- Pain points and threats to traditional care delivery models
- Population health management to maximize value
- Administrative burden and physician burnout
Gain exclusive exposure to real-world workflows and health care delivery in action through Inside the Health Care Ecosystem’s opt-in immersion experience. This component of the program brings participants into world-leading Harvard teaching hospitals for firsthand observation and access. Due to the lead time necessary to process clearances, the deadline to apply for the clinical immersion experience is February 15 (additional application and screen process required).
Who is Right for this Program?
Inside the Health Care Ecosystem is designed for health care business and science leaders, as well as leaders who are transitioning into the health care field. The program is appropriate for professionals who seek the latest perspectives into this dynamic and complex industry.
Professionals from the following industry segments will benefit from this program:
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Health IT and digital health
- Non-clinical leaders of health systems
- Health insurance and other payers
- Professional service firms whose work impacts health care including investing, legal and consulting
May 21 – 24, 2018
Program Fee: $8,900
Core Program with Clinical Immersion*
May 20 – 24, 2018
Program Fee: $12,500
*The “Clinical Immersion” component of the program will take place on May 20. It will feature a clinical immersion at a world-leading Harvard teaching hospital. Due to the lead time necessary to process clearances, the deadline to apply for the immersion experience is February 1.
Team Discount: 20% discount off core program price for teams of 3 or more. Please contact one of our program advisors to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-432-1538.
Download the Brochure